Are you looking for a reliable fencing contractor in the Chicago area? Hiring the right fencing company can be a challenge, especially if you don’t know what to look for. To make sure your project is done properly and on time, here are nine tips that will help guide you through the process of finding and hiring the best fencing contractor for your needs. With these tips, you can rest assured knowing that your fence installation will be completed safely and efficiently by a trustworthy professional.
1. Research Chicago fencing companies – Start by researching the various fencing companies in the area to find a few that have good reputations and specialize in the type of fence you need. Check out customer reviews and ratings online to help you make your decision.
2. Ask for references – A quality fencing contractor should be able to provide you with a list of references from past customers who can vouch for their workmanship. Reach out to these prior clients and ask about their experiences with the fence installer.
3. Get an estimate – Request estimates from each of your top choices so you can compare prices and services offered before making your final decision. Make sure the estimate includes materials, labor, and any other costs associated with the project.
4. Get it in writing – Once you’ve chosen a fencing contractor, make sure all agreements are put into writing in a contract or service agreement that both parties sign before any work begins. The document should specify all details related to the job, including completion date, payment terms, warranty coverage, etc.
5. Licensing & Insurance – Before allowing anyone to start working on your property, verify that they are properly licensed and insured according to local laws and regulations in order to protect yourself from any liabilities that may arise during or after construction is complete.
6. Inquire about services – Make sure the Chicago fencing company offers all necessary services related to your project such as obtaining necessary permits or providing appropriate safety equipment for workers on site if needed during installation.
7. Stay organized – Fencing contractors often work on multiple projects at once so it is important stay organized throughout process of choosing one for your job so you don’t get lost in the shuffle when communication is needed or changes must be made during installation workflows.
8. Communication is key – Make sure there are clear lines of communication between yourself and your chosen contractor throughout every step of the project so that any questions or issues can be addressed quickly and efficiently while avoiding costly delays due to miscommunication or lack thereof altogether..
9. Make sure warranties are included – Not only should warranties be included with any materials purchased for the fence installation but also ensure that they cover both labor and materials for an extended period of time just incase something unexpected should happen down the line post-installation as well as regular maintenance over time if desired by yourself as part owner/occupant/employer .